Sunday, May 24, 2009

I-5 park

I-5 park is my favorite park in Seattle.

Gasp all you want, but that's not going to change the fact that I like it better than Gasworks or Volunteer Park or Olympic Sculpture Park or... you get the idea.

Seattle has a somewhat eclectic and often hilarious park scene. I-5 Park (aka North Passage Point Park) is no exception. Nestled under the roaring Interstate 5, this unassuming park has a fairly dece view of the Space Needle over Lake Union. It also is in close proximity to Voula's.

Feel free to sit near the water. Benches (2), concrete, and picnic tables (2) are provided for that purpose. Lay in the grass near a homeless woman, watch boats go by with young children and their parents, or listen to the joyous shrieks of teenagers dry humping in the bushes.


But all joking aside, this is where Portage Bay meets Lake Union, or where a small park touches my heart.

1 comment:

Baby Bear said...

Hahaha! Oh yes that sounds like a lovely park for a picnic.