Friday, May 22, 2009

University District Street Fair

May 16-17.

10 blocks (plus some side streets) of Seattle shenanigans.

Lacking in: greasy food (yes, there was some, but it paled in comparison to what I consider fair food).

Abundantly overflowing with: Hippie crafts (rotating wizards staffs that are actually sprinklers for your lawn are in); things covered in chocolate (yes, my friend got a "Halle Berry"... aka dark and white chocolate dipped strawberries from the ShishkaBerry stand); music (One man bands, unplugged indie quartets, Andean music groups); punnily named booths (dammit I forgot most of these, but things made me chuckle... like the jewelry stand "Bling Bling").

Undisputed highlight: Fire dancers (pictured below). This show, which played three times a day at 41st and University way--a mere six blocks from my lovely abode-- was put on by the oh-so-famous vaudeville fire experience known as Dragon Steps. By famous I mean creepy. Check it out:

1 comment:

Betsy said...

http://www.dragonsteps.com/photo_gallery/Phoenix%2061.JPG