Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Under the Bridge

Seattle likes putting things under bridges. (See this awesome (?) cover.) For example, I-5 park, the wall of death, the oh-so-famous troll (pictured below).
This troll is by far the most famous of the Seattle under-the-bridge constructions, and supposedly was put there to stop all the drug dealing and prostitution in the area. The troll is pretty big. He's pretty emo. He was featured in "10 Things I Hate About You". When I met him for the first time over a year ago, I was pretty overwhelmed with hilarity. I kind of love the City of Seattle's public art.

So I want your verdict. Overwhelmed, underwhelmed, or just whelmed?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG OVERWHELMED by the awesomeness of this post and how much I love you.

Baby Bear said...

whelmed. Seattle is all around pretty awesome, so this is to be expected.

Robert said...

Overwhelmed. I miss the art up there.

And speaking of bridge art, I know it's over the bridge and not under, but I love this.

John said...

I think that guy's belly is really impressive as well. I mean, look at it: a perfect half-circle!