Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summertime Internet Jamz: 2010 vs 2011.

These two songs are remarkably similar. They're both songs of the hip-hop variety that were released on the interwebz in the summer. They're both pretty lady-gay (though one is unintentionally). They both got stuck in my head for months at a time. But which wins???

1. Gucci Gucci by Kreayshawn, Summer of 2011

Pros: Swag flows from her ovaries (self proclaimed). I believe she is the latest to be brought to the kinda spotlight by Lil Wayne's marketing genius (aka he made fun of her song in a mixtape, and then Drake, one of Wayne's minions, signed her).
Cons: No message of worth. Too catchy. Cannot dance.


2. Stop Looking at My Moms by The Astronomical Kid, Summer of 2010

Pros: This kid would be difficult to pin in the always entertaining lesbian or 14-year-old boy game. I still remember this song one year after I first listened to it. This child tells it like it is. He also likes his moms.
Cons: He is actually talking about only one mother.

The verdict: Astronomical Kid wins! 2010 wins. Perhaps I am nostalgic for a time when the world economy wasn't deleted yet. STOP LOOKIN AT MY MOMS.

No comments: