Sunday, January 16, 2011

Seattle's top 10 street murals: Part 3

(Previous street mural posts: 1 and 2)

When I moved to the U-District in the summer of '08, I didn't know that Tubs had been anything other than a deserted building with sweet graffiti. Apparently it used to be a sauna place (or something!). It was well-known for its sketchiness.

More than two years later, it's still deserted and covered with graffiti. While I wonder why it never turned into the condo with ground-floor retail it was rumored to become, I have enjoyed its rotating exhibits. New graffiti artists change it up all the time. There's even a flickr page so you can see how it's changed over the years

If you walk by the corner of Roosevelt and 50th right now, you'll probably see some of this:

The side of Tubs (facing Roosevelt)


I imagine Tubs now is way more interesting than Tubs when it was open


Some sweet tags


Front view



 
Mona Lisa peeking through?

No comments: