Friday, February 12, 2010

Curling.

I'm gonna post about curling, mostly to have awkward photos of myself up on the internet, but also because I am excited that I am going to watch Olympic women's curling in Vancouver. I'll be sure to update you on the games, once I see them... I'll be going to one of next weekend's Saturday draws, featuring the US vs Great Britain.

A rundown on the team. This year it's Team McCormick for the US women. They've won the US nationals titles for the past four years. They should fare better than the US team from the 2006 Olympics (who came in 8th out of the 10 qualifying teams), but they will be significantly less hot... mostly because they are older.  Not that they are not hot, I'm just sayin' they're like mad older than me... I believe one of the ladies on team McCormick may be the oldest female Olympian this year.

A rundown on the game. There is strategy. There are stones that are 'thrown' down the ice: 


















Then, there is sweeping. That's for helping the stone go farther and straighter (cuz it curls)! See?

Mostly, though, curling is for drinking....










 and making an ass of yourself:

I'm ready for the 2010 Olympics. BRING IT.

No comments: