Saturday, January 3, 2009

New year, same old tune

I meant to post about this back in the summer, but I was reminded while I was at home over Christmas break.

My sister, who just turned 18, is possibly the most confusing jukebox on earth. She sings whatever she thinks of whenever she thinks of it. I took the liberty of recording every song she sang over a three day period in late August. The following are the results.

  • "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" - Marvin Gaye
  • "Girls" - Beastie Boys
  • "Senorita" - Justin Timberlake
  • "What Would You Do?" - City High
  • "Smooth Operator" - Sade
  • "Paper Planes" - M.I.A.
  • "The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" - Disneyworld ride
  • "Miami" - Will Smith
  • "I Love Your Smile" - Shanice
  • "My Name Is" - Eminem
  • "Don't Forget to Watch the Movie" - Loews Theaters cell phone off song by the Muppets
  • "On the Road Again" - Willie Nelson
  • "Wake Me Up when September Ends" - Green Day
  • "My Humps" - Black Eyed Peas
  • "A Little Less Conversation" - Elvis
  • "Let My People Go" aka "Go Down Moses" - Some spiritual song
  • "Chocolate Rain" - Tay Zonday
  • "Believe" - Cher
  • "Magic" - Pilot
  • "Take me Away" - Lindsay Lohan's fake band in "Freaky Friday"
  • "I'm like a bird" - Nelly Furtado
  • "Jack & Diane" - John Mellencamp
  • "The Long and Winding Road" - Beatles
  • "4 minutes" - Justin Timberlake and Madonna
  • "Whale of a Tale" - Kirk Douglas in "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea"
  • "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Queen
  • "Wake me Up Before you Go-Go" - Wham!
  • "I'm not sick but I'm not well" - ?? (I don't know what this song's actually called)
  • "I Believe I can Fly" - R Kelly
  • "I Will Survive" - Gloria Gaynor
  • That bad 00's rock song that has "Why don't you and I stay together" as its lyrics - ??
  • "Werewolves of London" - Warren Zevon
That's really long. What would you sing?

2 comments:

K said...

"I'm not sick but I'm not well" - Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger!

George Taylor said...

indeed. flagpole sitta. hey you should make this a real playlist. then let us download it. use dropbox or something.

also -- thanks for the new years card. i don't understand it. but i liked it.