Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Stoneburner: Summertime Eats

Stoneburner
Ballard Ave NW near 20th Ave NW
7/10 on my bangin' scale

Head to Stoneburner for the outdoors cafe feel without actually having to sit in the sun (we live in Seattle, so we'd melt). Big windows open onto Ballard Ave, which also makes Stoneburner a prime location for people watching.

The roasted cauliflower sandwich was enjoyable, which totes surprised me. I was probably surprised because they failed to mention on their menu that the sandwich would have a mint-flavored sauce in addition to the listed charred spring onion and Montasio cheese. I love mint, so it was delish. However, I predict that some mint-haters gonna hate. The sandwich comes with perfectly crispy house-made chips seasoned with black pepper.

Roasted Cauliflower sandwich with mint-flavored sauce (see the green?).
 
Final thought: is Coldstone pissed by this name?


Stoneburner on Urbanspoon

No comments: