Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Gossip Game: S01E04 Recap

Ms. Drama, Kim Osorio, and Ciara win this episode.

I couldn't bring myself to care about the other women this episode. Vivian tells the world K Foxx slept with Maino, and K Foxx says this never happened. Who cares? Sharon Carpenter argues with JasFly because Sharon thinks she's the shit (she's done reporting for CNN, CBS, and BBC). Can someone tell me why Sharon's reporting for a hip-hop blog now? Makes no sense. Angela Yee is not present for the majority of the episode.

Meanwhile, Ms. Drama has a "quick kiki" with her friend Casey at his favorite gay bar. Who cares WTF they are talking about. They are essentially the only customers in a gay bar in NYC--which means it must be like 10am--and the bartender is only wearing his tightie yellow-ies. Pour up. Drank. Ms. Drama wins because she can just drank with her friend at 10am.

Kim Osorio wins because she doesn't have time to waste on this fucking reality show. She's clearly gotta get some filming in, but she has an important meeting with DJ Khaled. Solution? She tells JasFly to come in the car with her on the way to see DJ Khaled. First I thought JasFly was gonna tag along at the meeting, but it soon became evident that JasFly was just coming for the car ride. JasFly, I have to be in the car for like half an hour, and since I'm the editor of The Source, that's the only time I can schedule for you. OK? OKAYYY.

Ciara also wins because I actually remember her song, which was played during the episode. Remember Ciara? Whose last big hit was "1, 2 Step" featuring Missy Elliot back in 2004? Who is trying to have a comeback so is therefore on Nicki Minaj's latest album? Behold "Got Me Good," which apparently was released as a digital single last year:



Her style in the video is Janet Jackson meets early 00s Britney. The chorus also invites comparison to Khia's "My Neck, My Back" (and clearly loses).

No comments: