Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Silly bandz are the coolest

When I was home, my sister introduced me to the silly band. For those of you who are clueless like I was, these bands are all the rage among the youngsters. You know, pog style.

My sister had sweet DINOSAUR silly bandz. I decided I needed some, too. I endeavored to search every CVS and Duane Reade (pronounced dwan-A reed-A) in a 7 mile venture on the island of Manhattan. My search proved unfruitful (except for ripoff versions in Chinatown).

Instead I settled for 'shaped rubber bands' that I found at a ShopRite supermarket in New Jersey.

Their schtick: They look like colorful rubber bands on your arm.


But... when you take them off, they are AWESOME SHAPES.

I seriously think these things are super sweet. What is wrong with me? Am I turning 7 this weekend? I think not.

2 comments:

k said...

OMG MY STORY EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOURS. Except I have a rhinocerous and dog bone.

MakingPennies said...

I'm glad your story is exactly the same. I hope you walked to all 7 miles of duane reades in 95 degree weather. Because I decided that would be a good idea for some reason.